Montec Connect Policies
1. These terms and conditions apply to all Montec Connect services (the “Service”). You must read and understand this agreement (the “Agreement”) before using the service in whole or in part. In this agreement, “We” or “Us” or “Montec Connect” relates to Premila Pty Ltd or their agents and “You” or “Customer” relates to the person, person(s) or organisation receiving the Service. Also, acknowledge that these terms and conditions may vary from time to time. Please check back these conditions regularly, as use of this service constitues your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. You acknowledge that although we will take all reasonable steps to make sure you receive the voice service within the local calling areas, the voice service is not free from faults or interruptions. Certain factors, such as network congestion, maintenance, technical capabilities, geographic factors, obstructions or interference may mean you will not receive the voice service at certain times.
3. When using this service, you will ensure that you and others comply at all times with all laws and obligations, regulations, codes or determinations or any other requirements of any government or statutory authority, including licence conditions, applicable to the services and their use. Failure to comply with any licence , permit or authorisation relating to the connection of equipment to the Service Delivery Point or use of the services may result in immediate termination of the agreement. In addition, you must not transmit, distribute or otherwise publish on the Service any libelous, defamatory, abusive material or material that could give rise to civil or criminal proceedings. If this occurs, Montec Connect will not be held liable for any charges incurred by these proceedings.
4. The contents of the Service, including, but not limited to text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content (the “Content”) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of Australia and other countries, and owned or controlled by Montec Connect, their affiliates or the party credited as the provider of the Content. All individual articles, content and other elements comprising the Content are also copyrighted works. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in the Service. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of the Service. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Montec Connect service may not be resold or otherwise resupplied by any account holder to any other person or entity without Montec Connect’ prior written consent.
5a. Fees and charges applicable to your service will commence from the date of connection to Montec Connect. For post-paid customers, we will email an invoice to you no less frequently than monthly, and you
must pay these fees and charges by the invoice due date. All fees and charges will be billed to your nominated credit/charge card. If you cancel your credit/charge card authority, or if you do not pay your invoice by
the invoice due date, Montec Connect will charge a fifteen dollar late fee. Charges for archive or hardcopy invoices may apply. Montec Connect can decide that you have a credit limit. If so, we will
tell you what that credit limit is. If you exceed the credit limit, we may suspend the service until you pay all call charges owing on your account. Finally, we may ask you to pay a deposit for some or all of the service charges in advance, in order to receive or continue receiving your service. You are still required to pay us your monthly charges by the invoice due date.
5b. Domestic Calling Rates are as per the service schedule for your calling plan as advertised on our current plans page. If your plan is no longer advertised, you can request the calling rates again by email. International Calling Rates are listed on our website and are subject to change without notice, although they are generally updated on the last day of each month for the following month. International rates fluctuate regularly due to many market factors, and you agree to pay the rates listed at the time of your call. You can request international barring by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Our pre-paid services are designed to prevent account balances being debited past 0. Due to the resource intensive nature of per-second call checking, you may end up with a debit balance. If you have a debit balance (illustrated with a negative sign), it must be re-paid to Montec Connect within 30 days of your balance going into debit, otherwise Montec Connect may choose to retrieve these funds using the appropriate legal channels.
7. If you have authorised payments by credit card, debit authority or other similar methods, then payments shall be drawn against your authority when due without further notice to you unless you terminate the payment method by 14 days written notice to Montec Connect. Disconnection to the Service will occur in the event that your authorized payment method is refused or dishonoured by your nominated financial institution.
8. Your term begins when you are first connected to Montec Connect and continues for the period of time until you disconnect. Should your details change at any time, you must notify us immediately. If you wish to discontinue your connection, you must give us notice in writing by emailing us to request a disconnection. The Service will be disconnected within 7 days of receipt. Montec Connect may suspend, restrict or disconnect the service under varying circumstances. A final invoice will be issued after disconnection and you must pay all fees and charges you incurred using the service, up to the date of disconnection.
9. Montec Connect records are prima face evidence of the Customers use of the service and the charges payable. Montec Connect allows customers to connect to the service using their own device. Montec Connect only charges for answered calls and ceases to charge when the call is terminated by the caller. Timed calls are calculated using the total network time used for each call. The Customer agrees that any calls from the Montec Connect account supplied to the Customer are deemed to be authorized by the Customer and the Customer will pay all charges accordingly. International calls are charged in 30 second increments, Mobile timed calls are charged in one second increments. There is a minimum charge of 1 cent on all timed calls.
10. Montec Connect may provide Customers and Resellers with access to the Montec Connect billing (or “reseller”) software. This software may provide figures detailing total call costs and individual call details. Where the software is provided, it is provided as a guide only and records should be kept by the Customer to check that the total provided is correct. The software should serve only as a tool for verifying the Customers own records.
11. All Customers are assigned a unique Montec Connect identification username and password. The Customer should keep confidential all passwords the Customer is given in connection with the service. The Customer acknowledges that Montec Connect will disclose any information in connection with the customers accounts to any person who correctly quotes the Customers password.
12. Customers that purchase a Direct Indial (DID) from Montec Connect will retain the Rights of Use (ROU) of the number while they are on an active plan with no amounts outstanding. The customer can use their Montec Connect accounts number (found on the PDF email bill) to port their DID to another provider if they hold the ROU for a DID. If the customer removes the DID via the My Account portal or has their account closed for any reason, they will no longer hold the ROU for that DID.
13. Customers may port their own number to Montec Connect from Optus or Telstra. This ported DID will continue to belong to the customer, and not Montec Connect. This DID can be ported to another Telecommunications provider by the customer without notice to Montec Connect.
14. Montec Connect offers a supplementary phone service only. The phone service provided is supplementary to your existing landline or mobile phone service. As such, you are required to own an active landline or mobile with a Telecommunications provider in Australia at all times. Emergency calls should be dialed on your landline or mobile phone only, because Voice over IP by nature is not fault-free as mentioned above (2.). Montec Connect may contact you on your mobile or landline periodically to ensure that your details are up to date. When calling Emergency Services (000) from a Montec Connect phone your location details may not be automatically transmitted to the operator. When calling 000 using a VoIP phone service, the operator must verify your location details with you.
15. If, in Montec Connect’ opinion, you breach any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, we may suspend, terminate or limit your access to the Service and terminate this Agreement effective immediately. The termination of the Service shall not preclude Montec Connect from exercising any other rights Montec Connect may have against you under this Agreement.
16. These terms plus the terms of the chosen Service(s) constitute the entire Agreement between the Customer and Montec Connect in relation to Service(s). Any condition, warranty, representation or other term which might otherwise be implied into or incorporated into these terms and conditions, or any collateral contract, whether by statute, common law or otherwise, is hereby excluded. Neither party shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made to it upon which it relied in entering into this Agreement (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and each party’s only remedy shall be for breach of contract as provided in this Agreement.
15. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws and regulations of the state of Queensland.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
a) information about your visits to and use of this website;
b) information about any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications.
2. Information about website visits
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability, and for marketing purposes.
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookie by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
3. Using your personal data
(a) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
4. Other disclosures
a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
d) to the purchaser or seller (or prospective purchaser or seller) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling or purchasing.
5. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We will store all of the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We will ask for your password before we can make changes to your account.
6. Policy amendments
7. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at $10.00).
8. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.
Network Security and Security Tools Policy
Network Security and Security Tools
Customers agree to accept responsibility and liability for the security of and/or access to their networks and related systems. You must take reasonable and appropriate precautions to prevent any violations of your network and/or related systems security. Montec Connect does not take responsibility or liability in any way for any violations of your network and/or related systems security, however caused.
While Montec Connect is responsible for the provision of your service, you are responsible for ensuring that adequate security in the form of virus protection and firewalls exist to protect your electronic data and computer operating system or the electronic data and computer operating system against and unauthorised or unwarranted intrusion
Why is security software important? And what does it protect from?
Viruses – Security software helps deliver protection that stops most viruses, such as Trojans and worms before they can infect your computer.
Spyware – Security software can help prevent cybercriminals from hacking into your computer and stealing your personal information such as passwords.
Information & Identity Theft – Security software can help protect you from software that may self-install on a computer, or be installed as a hidden component of another program. These programs generally enable information to be gathered secretly about what websites you visit, your passwords etc.
Online Predators – Security software can spy on your children’s website and social network activity, it can also block access to inappropriate material/websites where required.
What should I use?
Montec Connect does not recommend any one piece of security software as everyone’s needs are different
For a customised security audit / requirement contact Montec IT Solutions on 1300 011 585